LocationThe compound was located on Finkensteinallee in Lichterfelde a subdistrict of the Steglitz district.
Pre Occupation Forces HistoryThe compund was originally the Prussian Cadet Academy. During the Third Reich it served as barracks for Hitler's personal bodyguard the Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler.
Occupation Forces HistoryIt was confiscated by the americans in July 1945. On July 4th they officially took over control of their sector there.
Post Occupation Forces HistoryAs for 2005 the former Andrews Barracks complex underwent major changes. Buildings constructed during the occupation persiod were torn down.
* Lt. Gen. Frank Maxwell Andrews was killed in an aircraft accident off the coast of Iceland on May 3, 1943.